Wraysbury Village Hall is a Community Hub serving the residents of Wraysbury and the surrounding areas for nearly 50 years.
The objects of the charity are to establish and run a village hall and for the benefit of the inhabitants of the parish of Wraysbury and the surrounding areas.We offer this without distinction of sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, nationality, race or political, religious or other opinions. The village hall welcomes volunteers. If you have a few hours spare to help, please get in touch.
Our aim is to deliver activities and services to improve the lives of residents by:
* reducing rural isolation * improving community cohesion * providing access to activities and services for the disabled *improving people’s mental and physical well-being * enabling people to acquire new life skills and become active citizens, creating a stronger community * providing facilities to enable local businesses to grow * providing cost effective facilities for our users
Available For use (subject to availability and rental agreement type)
1 Main Hall 3 Smaller Halls Stage & Production Facilities PA & Music System Projector Screen Glitter Ball Servery Kitchen Bar Foyer Accessible Toilets Hearing Loop Baby Changing Facilities Wheelchair Access Free Wifi Outside Space
The Foyer Wall proudly displays images of the involvement of HRH The Queen in the opening of the hall, along with the names of Wraysbury residents that lost their lives in WW2.The planning of the Village Hall goes back to as far as 1937, when the Parochial Charities (P.C.) were asked to release the land that Bridge Cottage used to stand on for a new Village Hall….All of the sports clubs, Scouts, Girl Guides, WI and other groups in the village set about raising money for this exciting new project and by 1939 work had started… Things came to a halt with the impending war. After the war, it seemed to stall and no further action was taken until about 1957….The Village Hall Committee therefore decided that the remaining cash raised and still sitting in the bank should be spent on improving The Scout Hut instead of an expensive new hall. However, not long after, it was decided that a new Village Hall would be built, and the P.C. made a generous donation of around £5000 towards the cost. Helped by the fund-raising efforts of Sir Kit Aston and Eric Larcombe at The Fair and designed by Gordon Cullen, a local resident, it was officially opened by HM The Queen in October 1974, as part of Her Majesty’s Royal Progress of the Thames, to mark the formation of the Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead…
Written by Graham R. Morley – Historian and Local Resident.
Kind permission given for use by Sally Morley